I’ve always wanted variety in terms of books, books in different forms; hard copy books , soft copy books, audio books, free books… Well, I can explain. My sister introduced me to Audible, an application that allows you to listen to audio books and podcasts of your choice.
Audible is the plug in this age. If you’re a lover of audio books or would like to try out that venture, Audible comes in really handy. Life is busy as it is. With audio books, you are able to multitask your daily activities and chores as you listen to your favourite book or current read. On your way to and from work, cooking, washing, in the shower, well you get the gist.
Audible gives you a free trial service whereby you get your first book absolutely free and purchase the rest if you would like, or not. No pressure whatsoever.
Also, did you know that you can gift someone a book from Audible, even if they are already a member?
Sometimes you don’t want to flip pages either because you’re tired, feeling lazy, you’re handful or maybe you don’t want to keep scrolling pages, and might need a time out from screens because of too much lighting or whatever. That’s when Audible comes in.
Something else, Audible gives you several options of speed that you would like to listen in. For me, I’m listening at the good old 1x speed but I might start increasing the speed soon. Apparently there’s advantages in listening to books at twice as much speed or more, well apart from reading more books.
My advice to you? The regular readers, or the new reader, download the Audible app, it’s absolutely free and get a free trial of the first book. Audible has a variety of books to choose from. If there’s a book you’ve been wanting to read, try listening to it, or if you’re a fiction fan like me, there’s so much for you. My favourite authors right now are Ryan Holiday, Libba Bray, John Greene, Brandon Sanderson among others. You can check out some of their books. My first audio book off Audible was Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray and friend… I’m thinking of listening to it again at 1.5x speed.
This is a way of saying sorry for disappearing on you guys but hey, I’m back like I never left. Which book are you currently reading? Are you reading any books right now? Maybe you can try listening to them via Audible?
Also, I’m sure you’ve noticed some changes in here from the last time I posted. This is all thanks to my friend @Kinya_Y who was kind enough to give us a facelift.
Follow me on Twitter @thebasilbalm
- ROCK. PAPER. BOOKSI’ve always wanted variety in terms of books, books in different forms; hard copy books , soft copy books, audio books, free… Continue reading ROCK. PAPER. BOOKS
- BLACK WOMANI have an issue. Procrastination. So if there is anyone who sells or knows anyone that sells procrastination drugs at any price,… Continue reading BLACK WOMAN
- NAYAWe come from way back, Birdie and I. Birdie, not her real name. We talk over the phone but we haven’t met… Continue reading NAYA
- In the LifeVivre sans temps mort. (Live without wasted time.) –PARISIAN POLITICAL SLOGAN You see how you save people’s names in your phone, then… Continue reading In the Life
- Twenty-Two: Letters to a young woman searching for meaning // Reviewhttps://thebasilbalm.wordpress.com/2020/08/02/twenty-two-letters-to-a-young-woman-searching-for-meaning-review/ By Allison Trowbridge. After writing my first book review, my friend Joy was kind enough to send me this book, Twenty-Two… Continue reading Twenty-Two: Letters to a young woman searching for meaning // Review